Monday, March 12, 2012

Likes and Dislikes

In Monday's class, we talked about our likes and dislikes. For our first activity here, tell us about yourself. What do you love? What are you crazy about? What are you not crazy about? What do you enjoy? What do you hate? Click on "add comment" and tell us a few things about you.

23 comments:

  1. I'll start!

    I'm really crazy about baseball. During baseball season, I read baseball news every day, and I listen to American baseball games on internet radio every morning.

    I enjoy singing and playing guitar. I've been playing guitar since I was 15 years old.

    I don't mind exercising, but I hate going to the gym. If I have to exercise, I prefer to swim or ride a bicycle.

    I can't stand sea squirt (Can you remember what that is?), but I love almost every other kind of seafood, especially sushi. That's one reason I like living in Busan.

    I don't care for soju. Actually, it gives me a headache. I love the taste of makkoli, but that gives me a headache too if I drink too much. I love beer, especially in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.
    English makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deon.

      I know many students aren't crazy about English, but why does English make you sad?

      Actually, I think you are very brave because you are the first student to post on the class blog. Congratulations! I think you should get a prize. Do you like Sponge Bob stickers? ;)

      Delete
  3. Hi, I'm Lily. Thank u for making this blog.
    I hope it helps our English.

    I'm not good at sports and I don’t care for exercise, but I love swimming.
    I go swimming every morning in weekdays.
    I feel cozy and relaxing in the swimming pool.

    I’m crazy about japanese food with Asahi draft beer. Actually, I enjoy both eating and cooking.
    I often go japanese restaurant with my husband or friends.
    And I go Fukuoka about twice a year for shopping and food.

    Sometimes l hate myself when l enjoy midnight snack. But l love watching movies with beer or wine. ;)

    I don't like messy house. When my kids dont clean their stuff, I yell at them. I'm not a patient mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lily.

      I'm happy to hear that you like the blog. I hope it helps you improve your English; and of course I hope it's fun and interesting. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

      I like swimming too, but just for fun, not for exercise. When I was a university student, during summer vacations, I worked as a lifeguard, so I used to swim every day. These days I don't go swimming very often. Just in the summer.

      I love Asahi beer too! It's one of my favorites. Do you know Minami, in Haeundae? I go there sometimes with my wife to eat okonomiyaki (I love that) and drink Asahi or cold sake. Where do you usually eat Japanese food? What's your favorite Japanese restaurant in Busan?

      I can understand your feelings about midnight snacks. Sometimes I hate myself too, but watching a movie is much more enjoyable with beer and fried chicken!

      Delete
  4. I can't comment on my computer..
    I try to do repeatedly... But it’s useless.
    So I'm using my cell phone.. I can't stand it. ;p
    Do you know the reason?
    I wonder what is the problem... And someone else have the same problem like me.
    It's hard for me to do this by mobile phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why that happens. On Friday, tell me exactly what happens when you try to comment, and I'll try to find a solution.

      Delete
    2. I think it's the problem of my PC’s security system.
      Maybe my husband will give me a hand. Thank u.
      Have a good day.

      Delete
    3. A-ha. Yes, you'd better ask him about that. I have no idea how to fix that. Sorry! I hope you can figure it out and participate comfortably in the discussion here. Good luck!

      Delete
  5. Hi John! I'm really happy to meet this blog. I always want to talk to foreigner in English but I don't have any chance to do that.I hope this blog is active
    o I love to walk on playground near my place for an hour three times a week.
    o I'm crazy about watching TV show,위대한탄생2. which is a contest to be singer.
    o I enjoy reading newspaper and book,the name of Steve Jobs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Frances!

      I'm happy that you are participating in the class blog. This blog is a place where we can continue our class discussion, and also do other kinds of activities. I hope you enjoy using it.

      I see you like reading about Steve Jobs. I'm curious: Why are you interested in him?

      Delete
    2. I bought the book,Steve Jobs in English version. It's so expensive. I paid fifty three thousand five hundred.there are so many pages about six hundred pages.It's difficult to read the book but I try to read it again and again.I often read it two or three pages a night. I could'nt exectly understand the sentence also there are many words I don't know but I hardly find them on dictionary. Happy to read it

      Delete
    3. Wow, that's great. I'm sure it's an interesting book.

      When you read, it may be helpful to try to understand the general meaning of the sentence, not the exact meaning of every word and phrase. Sometimes, when we focus on meaning, understanding the form of the language follows naturally.

      Delete
  6. I love to do nothing.
    It's not kidding.
    I'm crazy about that sometimes for one or two days.
    Actually it's impossible to a housewife but I have a chance to do occasionally these days.
    The period is very important when I enjoy that because I would be lethargic and blue if I do nothing for a long time.
    It's a side effect of that.^^
    But I'll enjoy that any day if I have a chance.
    The reason why is doing nothing is same as doing everything.
    Perhaps we do more something when we do nothing.
    So it sounded like a jork, doing nothing is my own method to relax and creat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. Some days I'm really happy to do nothing, but usually I feel like I have to do something. These days I have many things to do for school and work and my family, so I don't often have a chance to really do nothing, but if I have a chance, I do.

      Delete
    2. You love to do nothing.. and you can occasionally do that!!!
      I envy you, Regina.
      I have too young kids and I always have to do something.
      Actually, I can't stand doing nothing. When I don't have anything to do, I feel anxiety ironically. But I really want to enjoy it like you. If I can do that, I would be more easy and composed for everything. ^^

      Delete
  7. I hate to go hikimg.
    I say usally that it's so hard to walk a steep and rugged path.
    But that's not true reason.
    Actually I have a terrible remembrance of unpaved path.
    Most paths wern't paved when I was a little girl because Korea was undeveloped country at that time.
    There were a lot of dirty and disgustful things like excrements and dead bodies of mouse.
    So I was always scared and even cried often when I went through the path.
    For that reason, I hate to go hiking.
    Maybe I must remember the bad memory about unpaved road still than I feel pure nature when I walk the mountain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Our childhood memories can have a powerful effect on our behavior as adults, even if we are not aware of it.

      In my case I don't usually go hiking because my wife never wants to go. Sometimes, on Sunday, I suggest a hiking trip, but my wife never wants to do that. She prefers to go to the sauna and relax. I don't blame her because she works very hard five days a week at her shop. If I worked as hard as she does, maybe I would feel the same.

      Delete
    2. Hello, John and everyone!
      Congratulation for opening our blog!!
      I'm happy to meet you in this blog.
      I expect that I can improve the ability of speaking English in classroom and I can improve the ability of writing English here.
      Actually, I'm not a active and sociable person, so I feel shy and pressure to speak to unfamiliar person. That is my shortcomings to get over.

      ○ I hate doing exercise. I don't like any sports. I know that exercise is good for health, but I'm not good at sports and I'm not interested in sports at all.

      ○ I'm crazy about bread. I like all kind of bread. I always eat bread for my breakfast. Nowdays I make a bread with rice powder for my health. I can't quit eating bread!

      ○ I can't stand people who take an elevator with their dog loose. I'm scared of dogs. In fact, I'm cowardly, and I'm scared of all animals. Especially, it is very painful to be with dog in an elevator! So I always carry "dog dazer". It works by emitting ultrasonic sound bursts which can help to prevent the approach of unwanted dogs at distances of up to 5 meters.

      Delete
    3. Hi Shiny! Welcome to our blog. You mentioned one of the many reasons I think blogs are good for learning languages: the shy students can participate more comfortably and with more confidence. Many teachers who use blogs with students have said the same thing. I think so too. Actually, I'm a little bit shy too, and I always thought that I express my thoughts better by writing.

      I love bread too, but I never tried baking it. Actually, I bought a breadmaker (machine) a few years ago, but the bread wasn't very delicious, so I don't use it any more. What kind of bread do you make?

      I like dogs a lot, but I agree with you that dog owners shouldn't let their dogs run freely anywhere they want. It can be dangerous and scary for some people (Actually, my wife is very scared of dogs too). The dog dazer sounds interesting. I've never heard of that before. I'm really curious about that. Have you ever used it? What happened? Is it effective?

      Delete
    4. Hi, Shiny!
      I was surprised that we have a lot in common.
      I love baking, too. And I'm scared of animals.
      But I don't eat bread or cake for meal.. they're just between meals.. ^^

      I hope you guys visit my blog, which I post my baking in.
      my blog's web address : blog.naver.com/yoonnari1013
      It's not excellent, but we can talk about baking each other.
      If you have your space online like this, introduce to me. :)

      Delete
    5. Hi, Lily.
      I have ever been your blog.
      I remembered there were a lot of pictures about baking and
      trip.
      I thought I visited there often at that time,
      but I couldn't. sorry~^^
      I'll vist there as soon.

      Delete
    6. Hi, Lily~
      I also think we have something in common as you said.
      But, you are much more diligent than me!! ^^

      After I saw your writing, I visited your blog a few minutes ago. You have posted very various subjects, beautiful photos and wonderful cooking and baking recipes etc. Wow!! I can't see all your posting now, but I will often visit your blog from now.

      Delete

Don't be shy! Tell us what you think.