Obama's Speech in Seoul
As you know, President Obama recently gave a speech at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies in Seoul. Some students expressed interest in reading the speech. You may read the full text here.
In one part of the speech, Obama expressed the idea that "Koreans are one people," and that reunification between North and South Korea will happen someday. What do you think about that? Do you agree that reunification is inevitable? Why do you think so?
As I agree about that reunification because the countries share same history and same language but I think that about their way of thinking are too different. Foreigners who have visited North korea say that the country has not changed at all since the 1950 years. How can a democracy vs a dictatorship solve mystery?
ReplyDeleteIt's a difficult question. I wonder about it too. I've heard the same thing: North Korea hasn't changed much since the 1950's or 1960's.
DeleteI really hope unification between North and South Korea will happen someday.
ReplyDeleteBut I also think it will takes a long time.
As Obama said, we must have the idea that 'Koreans are one people' each other in order that it might come true.
I don't have any relative in North Korea but I always cry when a separate families meet together.
How miserable divided country is!
Actually I don't read Obama's speech
because it's too long for me to read.^^*
Actually, I didn't read the speech either, and for the same reason. :) I just skimmed it.
Delete