Monday, April 23, 2012

Special Days

In today's class, we practiced using some time expressions. I would like to ask you a few more questions here. When's your birthday? What did you do on your last birthday? What will you do on your next birthday?

7 comments:

  1. My birthday is March 26th. On my last birthday, I had a nice dinner with my family. We went to Hello Sushi in Haeundae. My children got some funny presents for me: a toothbrush and dental floss. That was a joke because my wife thinks I don't brush my teeth enough. (I disagree!)

    On my next birthday, we'll probably do something similar: a nice dinner and some small gift. I don't usually do anything very special for my birthday...except my 40th birthday. On my 40th birthday, we had a big party at our apartment with about 50 people. That was a lot of fun, but usually my birthday is a quiet day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your daughters are so cute.

      It sounds great to have a special party on your 40th birthday. I hope I also would do like you next year!!!

      Delete
    2. Yes, they're very funny. They like to give funny gifts.

      Are you planning a big party for next year?

      Delete
  2. My birthday is May of twentyseventh. On my last birthday had twice (lunar and solar calendar). I held my birthday of party with foreign friends at the orchard in America first time. I really enjoyed thatday. My husband almost did not memory my birthday date. Two to three days later leaved message a congratulation to me. From him I seldom got the gift and traveling and go out on a date for special days. my family have been living in enough time on the winter and summer vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My birthday is September 29th.
    There are same events on my birthday. My husband comes back home earlier than usual times and try to find a restaurant I want, my son gives me some presents and mother-in-law gives me some celebratory moneys.

    Before marriage, my mother served typical birthday's dishes to me on my birthday morning. I thought it was quite natural at that time.
    But actually birthday is a day like that it's not to be given some foods from mother but to serve those to mother. Foolishly, I realized that after my mother passed away.(my mother passed away 2 years ago)

    On my last birthday, I spent time as usual and I went to the cemetery of my parents with my husband on Saturday around my birthday.
    I prepared some typical birthday's dishes as if my mother cooked for me. And we held an informal memorial service at the graveyard, after that we enjoyed the foods I felt that we ate together.
    It was pretty cool and clear day so it seemed to come to a picnic.
    I was happy and sad, namely I felt two feelings at once. However I was comfortable and cozy at there.

    My last birthday was so wonderful and memorable than other birthdays.
    So on my next birthday, I will go to my parents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really agree with you about that we have to thank our mom on our birthday. But also, I think your mother must have pleasure while cooking for you. :)

      Delete
  4. My birthday is October 13th.
    Actually, My family usually celebrate my 'birth-week'. On my last birthday, I went out for dinner with my husband but without my kids in a fancy French restaurant. After that, we went to O'Kim's bar, drank some beer, and took a walk at Haeundae beach. It was one of my best birthday.
    On that Saturday, my family visited my mom to celebrate my birthday. She prepared Korean birthday food for me. We really enjoyed it and thanked her.
    Lastly, on that Sunday, my in-laws celebrated my mother-in-law's birthday and mine. Her birthday is 3 days earlier than mine. So we always celebrate our birthday together. Sometimes I invite my in-laws and make some food. But last year, we went to the Chinese restaurant.

    On my next birthday, I want to go a short trip, because it will be Saturday. My family will go to Damyang, if possible. We will take a walk in the bamboo forest and eat well-known beef dish.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Tell us what you think.